Roots Day Care
In January 2018, we are excited to open our fully-licensed, bilingual (English and Russian) day care. Our caring, experienced teachers are fluent in English and Russian. Please note that our bilingual atmosphere exists to help cater to families who would like their children to retain their Russian or learn it as a second language, but is by no means imposed on English-speaking children. Our spacious, well-lit classrooms, set in a building designed specifically for educational purposes, provide a safe and cheerful environment for early child development.
Our Mission and philosophy is to provide a warm, safe, inclusive and caring environment for children with the highest level of education. We constantly enforce value and practice strong communication and positive self-image.
Roots Daycare Centre is licensed by the Ministry of Education and integrates How Does Learning Happen? Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years to support program development in our centre.
Roots Daycare Centre believes that children are competent, capable and curious, and have great potential.
Roots Daycare Centre promotes the health, safety, nutrition and well-being of children through its program which incorporates into each day indoor and outdoor play, active play, rest and quiet time, giving consideration to the individual needs of each child receiving care and supporting children’s abilities to self-regulate. We know that young children learn through play.
All young children are curious and they explore their world through play. When this natural activity is supported, the child’s competence, capacity and potential are maximized.
Through hands-on experiences, Roots Daycare helps your child develop broad language and cognitive ability, along with physical, social and emotional skills that are necessary for lifelong learning.
Roots Daycare will provide an inclusive and enriched childcare environment, which honours and respects all children’s beliefs, cultures, languages, and experiences acquired from their family and community.
Emergent curriculum, which is a style of developing a curriculum around the topics that children demonstrate an interest in, is a key to our program at Roots daycare. In this form of teaching, educators follow the “emerging” interests of your child, while ensuring activities cover relevant and intellectually stimulating topics. Learning opportunities are specifically designed for the children in the classroom – creating an exciting and engaging place to learn and grow.
We find that it is extremely important to involve parents in our program. We strongly encourage for the parents to speak to all of our staff to stay involved in the children’s daily schedule and development.
We urge for parents to communicate with our staff to give feedback and comments so that we can keep everyone happy and content. Parents can communicate with us via email, telephone.
Our childcare centre offers:
- Environmentally-friendly materials and programs
- A clean, newly renovated designed for children facilities
- Extracurricular activities such as Russian, French, music, art, creative movement, yoga, nature walks and more
- Homemade and locally-grown seasonal meals
- Qualified and well-trained Registered Early Childhood Educators
- Parking for easy pick-up and drop-off
- A Safe Childcare Facility
At Roots Daycare we offer a home cooked style menu that is nutritiously balanced for children in each age group. Our food is made with the freshest ingredients and is free of any processed products. We’ve also built our menu around food that children will love.
We ensure each meal:
- Free of trans-fats, artificial coloring and preservatives
- Meats and poultry used in the menu are from Ontario local farmers
- Features fresh ingredients and home style recipes
- Follows the specific dietary needs, allergies of each child by providing food alternatives
- Meals are served in small groups in child’s classroom
- Meets or exceeds the requirements of the Childcare and Early Years act
- Offers a variety of nutritional foods